Monday, February 23, 2009

Sustainable urban homestead heroes

Here used to be a post proclaiming the Path to Freedom website people as heroes of the Urban Homesteading movement but I removed all links and postings pointing to their site and I here I am explaining why I did that!

 Path to Freedom - Lost Urban Homestead Hero status!

Luckily, we still have Urban homesteading Heroes in our midst

Patti Moreno aka 'The gardengirl' on gardengirltv.com is the first person I came across who was doing the Urban sustainable homesteading, even tough she was not the first in doing it, she became my first garden hero of this movement. Patti showed me what is possible on an urban city lot. She inspires me to become a better gardener and try to grow more food. It is because of her, that I decided to get some chickens for my garden.





Erik Knutzen and Kelly Coyne are blooging at
Homegrown Evolution
they live in Los Angeles in one of those typical small California Bungalows where they grow most of their food. They also wrote a book called 'The Urban Homestead'

0 comments:

Post a Comment