Thursday, June 11, 2009

It's Strawberry Season-Quick Strawberry Tart

The Strawberries are coming in faster then I can eat them. So I decided today, instead spending my morning in the back yard, I will bake my quick, Low-fat Strawberry Tart and share the recipe.


This is a very typical bottom for Fruit tarts in Germany. It is very easy to make, it is fast, low- fat and you can use it with almost any uncooked or canned fruit. It is best when you put the fruit on it short time before serving, because it is a spongy cake letting the fruit sit on it to long will result in the sponge being all wet from the fruit juices.

I like to spread some melted chocolate on the cake before I put in the strawberries or if I don't have enough time a chocolate spread like Nutella will do.
Or if I have more time I make a simple cream filling similar to Bavarian Creme.
This not only tastes good, but it keeps the fruit from soaking into the cake.



This is one of my kids favorite summer cake so I thought you might like it too.

So here is the recipe which I exported from my cookbook program

Fast Biscuit


Serving Size : 12 (German servings are smaller then in the US)

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
2 Eggs ( whole eggs)
1 Tblsp Water
75 g Sugar
2 Tblsp Vanilla sugar
100 g unbleached flour
1 TL Baking powder

1. Preheat oven to 350° F.
Grease Fruit tart baking form with Butter and
dust with Flour or bread crumbs.

2. Beat the whole Eggs, Water, Sugar and Vanilla sugar in
bowl until foamy. Should look like a thick creme.

3. Mix Flour and Baking powder, sieve onto the
Egg mass and fold under carefully

4. Bake on middle rack in Oven for 20-30 minutes,
until the cake is golden brown or
a testing pick comes out clean.
Don't open the oven door in the first 15 minutes,
because the dough will not rise properly then.

Nutrition (calculated from recipe ingredients)
----------------------------------------------
Calories: 246
Calories From Fat: 9
Total Fat: 1g
Cholesterol: 39.5mg
Sodium: 13.6mg
Potassium: 64.6mg
Carbohydrates: 58.7g
Fiber: <1g

disclaimer: Not to be shared with the Dervaes Family of Path to Freedom Website. Thank You



0 comments:

Post a Comment